Nichols is a hamlet in Springfield and located west of Fairfield Acres and northeast of Haseltine. Before the establishment of theSpringfield City Directory in 1905 there was one sheet listing residents of Nichols, also known as Junction City. But this town has now been absorbed by the city of Springfield.
Junction City was founded in 1882 by James Evans at the crossing of two railroad lines. One of the railroad lines was going to Tulsa and the other to Kansas City. The name was changed to Nichols Junction to honor Danton R. Nichols. This person was an early superintendent of the Frisco Railroad.
Driving Directions From This City To The Verdant 55+ Community
Driving Directions From This City To The Next City